Split a Order in many deliveries

Ouch!! Open Source ERP & Compiere beginners WILL have Teething Pains. This is where you rumbled thru like Rasputin, cry like a babe, and grin like a chimp! :D

Moderators: lofx, neilg, moyses, hema

Split a Order in many deliveries

Postby daniel_kepler » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:30 am

Hi, i am already see the new Open Source Project: Adempiere. It promises a lot, i 've watching that, and who knows maybe contributing :P.

From the subject you realize that i 've a problem trying to split a order in many deliveries in order to make several invoice from that order. I'm told that is posible but while researching i haven´t found the answer.
Any sugestion?

Much regards!!
how to use Compiere?
daniel_kepler

Postby red1 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:02 am

i tot that can only be done in backorders, where u have not enough stock and the system delivers whats available, thus ending with multiple shipments and if not forgotten, multiple invoices.
red1
Site Admin

Postby daniel_kepler » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:29 pm

Thank you for the answer.

One detail that i not indicate was what i want do that for... Well, i am implanting Compiere in a Software Company and it became necesary the service order be splited in several invoice thus a service order with, say, 100 man-hour and a total of, say again, 1000 USD be splited in three invoice: one with 300 USD at service start, other with 400 USD at 30 days of the beginning and last with 300 USD at end of service.
Can be done that with the same suggestion that red posted??
Thank's again.

Regards.
how to use Compiere?
daniel_kepler

Postby red1 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 9:53 pm

Perhaps it can also be split easily via Shipment (manual), i.e. during shipment out of such services, u specify the UOM hours as split qty. Then generate an invoice from that shipment.

I know it can be done for shipment inwards(Material Receipts) so i assumed so for Shipments (out).
red1
Site Admin

Return to Growing Pains