Consigned Item

It is here where business functions and pains hits you in the face. Do we extend and weave requirements into Compiere? Or do we just tweak hardly a code with smart thinking and a full grasp of Compierology? You’ll see lots of both in making your business grow.

Consigned Item

Postby balaji_125 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 4:14 pm

Hi,
I want to do shipment of consigned item to our Vendor. But for any shipment "Sales order" is mandatory in compiere.

How to do shipment for Consigned Item? :?:

I followed the below approach,
I created a dummy sales order with product A (2 Quantity) Once i complete the document A (2 Quantity) is moved from On hand quantity to Reserved quantity.

When i create the Shipment i use the above dummy sales Order so in the shipment line A - (2 Quantity) was appeared. I also add other consigned product in that shipment like B (5 Quantity)(Which actually not in Sales Order). Now if i click the complete and i saw the product info for Product A it reduced the Reserved qty and the reserved quantity was 0. But for Product B the reserved quantity become -5 and available quantity was doesn't changed. Only onhand quantity was reduced.

Please let me know how to handle this consigned item?????? :!: :!:
Thanks,
Balaji J
balaji_125

Re: Consigned Item

Postby tjikaljedy » Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:58 pm

1. you need create new DocType of SO with no inventory efective
2. you need do moving inventory and modify moving inventory

I did consigned before

Thanks
tjikaljedy

Consignment sales

Postby lyqueen » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:28 am

Hi,
Perhaps you can try this:

Assuming customer wants to check the inventory level at the consignee's

(1) Create a Consigned sales order(inventory unaffected)(WH=HQ)
(2) Create inv transfer from HQ to Consignee's warehouse
(3) Create a Firm SO(WH=Consignee's) and then run shipment(drop stock) and then run invoice to complete the sales cycle

Consigned sales report can be used to counter-check against Firm SO to reconcile discrepancies if any. Differences means the remainings at the Consignee's. Inventory levels can also be checked.

Cheers :D
lyqueen

Return to Reality Strikes